Come grow with us! The City of Taylor is a progressive and exciting place to work. We have a culture of innovation where our employees can make a difference and we are looking for like minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our team.
Job vacancies are posted at the City Administrative Offices at 400 Porter Street and on this website. A separate application form is required for each position for which you are applying. Resumes may be attached to the application form; however, all of the information requested in the application form must still be completed.
Applications will be accepted for only posted positions.
See Employment Opportunities for current available job openings. Resumes are accepted only with a City of Taylor Job Application. The City of Taylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
City of Taylor Employee Benefits
Family & Medical Leave (FMLA)
Leave Without Pay
Leaves & Holidays
Paid Sick Days
Dental (Employee coverage paid by the City)
Group Long-Term Disability Insurance
Health (Employee coverage paid by the City)
Short-term disability, Accident, Cancer
In-house training programs
Texas Municipal Retirement System
Things To Do
The City of Taylor operates a Recycling Center located at 1606 N. Main Street just behind Walgreen’s. The drop off site is open 24 hours a day/7 days a week. A bin from Abitibi is available for paper and newspaper and a seperate one from Progressive Waste Solutions is for all other recyclables.
- Newspaper / magazines – no telephone books
- Plastics – soda and water bottles, water jugs, etc., no plastic bags please
- Aluminum Cans – please flatten, if possible
- Tin Cans – no foil pie pans, siding, aerosol cans, or any scrap metal
- Glass – includes glass beverage bottles
- Cardboard – but frozen food boxes not accepted due to the food contamination
- Plastic bags of any kind
- Light bulbs
- Broken glass of any kind and no flat glass such as car windshields, mirrors, or panes are accepted
- Hazardous waste