Foundation Repair Richmond Texas

downloadThe Human Resources (HR) Department is responsible for the recruiting, selection, and classification of all individuals interested in employment with the city. Additionally, the HR Department manages the city’s compensation plan, employee benefits, and performance management programs.

The HR department also supports all employees and champions’ excellence in city government by implementing programs and services according to the mission, vision, and values of the City. Furthermore, the department ensures that the city complies with all local, state, and federal regulations relative to human resources.

With the City growing at a rapid rate, career opportunities are continuously made available.

Richmond, the county seat of Fort Bend County, is on the Brazos River fifteen miles southwest of Houston. The city’s transportation links include U.S. highways 90A and 59, the Southern Pacific Railroad, and the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway. In early 1822 a group of twelve to fifteen men led by William W. Little camped in the vicinity of the present city and were soon followed by other members of Stephen F. Austin’s Old Three Hundred. A log fort built at the bend in the Brazos River became the nucleus of a settlement, which came to be known as Fort Bend, or the “Fort Settlement.” The community was evacuated in 1836 during the Runaway Scrape. In early 1837 the town of Richmond was established by Robert Eden Handy and his business partner, William Lusk, and as early as April the partners were advertising to sell lots in the town. Named after Richmond, England, the town was first incorporated by the Republic of Texas in May 1837; in December, when Fort Bend County was formed, Richmond became its seat of government. In January 1839 a Methodist Episcopal church was organized, and in April the town’s first newspaper, the weekly Richmond Telescope and Texas Literary Register, began publishing.

The town’s early residents included some of the best known Texans of the period, including Erastus (Deaf) Smith and Jane Longqv; Mirabeau B. Lamar lived on a plantation within the present limits of the city. By 1851 Richmond included a brick courthouse, two stores, a Masonic Hall, the Methodist church, and the Richmond Male and Female Academy. A yellow fever epidemic swept through Richmond in 1853, but its future seemed assured in 1855, when the Buffalo Bayou, Brazos and Colorado Railway extended its tracks into the town. By 1859 the town was a prosperous shipping and market center for the area’s cotton plantations and had grown to include a cotton warehouse and two hotels; a brick building for other stores was also being built.

Though a number of men from Richmond and the surrounding area joined Confederate companies during the Civil War and the local economy declined, in other ways the town itself remained largely isolated from the conflict. After the end of the war, many emancipated slaves from surrounding plantations began to move into Richmond’s environs; in 1866 an agency of the federal Freedmen’s Bureau was established at Richmond, and in 1867 a company of federal troops were stationed there. Allied with white Republicans, the area’s blacks controlled local politics until 1889, when whites in the area seized control after the Jaybird-Woodpecker War.

Things To Do

New Public Transportation Service

Starting July 1st, Fort Bend County will implement a new bus service in the Richmond and Rosenberg area. Riders have both the benefit of a dependable bus schedule Mondays through Fridays and the ability to have direct pickup or drop-off if needed.  The Fort Bend County Point Deviation Bus Service will provide weekday service along major thoroughfares in the Richmond—Rosenberg area, with designated stops to municipal offices, shopping, medical and community service locations. The buses can deviate up to 3/4 mile from the routes to pick up or drop off riders who have made reservations.  Fares are $1.00 per person, with one free transfer ticket per fare.

The BLUE route starts at Catholic Charities and travels through Richmond’s business center, with stops at Richmond City Hall, Access Health, Fort Bend County Justice Center, Walmart and Target.

The GREEN connector route travels between Richmond and Rosenberg along Hwy 90, with Catholic Charities, Fiesta and Rosenberg Post Office as transfer stops. This route also stops at Oak Bend Medical Center, and the  North Rosenberg Neighborhood Resource Office.

The PURPLE route travels through Rosenberg with scheduled stops at Fiesta, Rosenberg Post Office, Rosenberg City Hall, Fairgrounds Park and Ride and the Bud O’Shieles Community Center.