The City of Kilgore is located in Gregg and Rusk County and is 11 miles south of the county seat of Longview and 25 miles east of Tyler. The City is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana on Interstate 20. Kilgore has been identified by the Texas Legislature as the “City of Stars.” The stars that top the sixty oil derricks throughout the City are lighted during the holiday season. This feature is only one of several reasons the Legislature bestowed the title. Kilgore has a small town atmosphere, yet it is close enough to enjoy the benefits of larger cities. Kilgore is surrounded by a number of quality lakes, including Lake Cherokee and Lake O’ the Pines, making it a boater’s and fisherman’s paradise.
The City of Kilgore is very interested in growing the local economy. The Kilgore Economic Development Corporation works with primary employers and the City of Kilgore primarily works with secondary employers.
Things To Do
Whether you’re a developer, contractor, or just looking to move, it is easy to find what you are looking for in Kilgore. The planning review process is simple and takes an average of two days.
The City of Kilgore is always searching for new housing developments. The Kilgore: 20/20 Vision Committee has worked hard to identify buildable properties. Additionally, the City has offered a Revolving Loan Fund to assist with the cost of infrastructure. Please see the links below for additional information.
- Available Properties – The City maintains a list of city-owned available properties to purchase at a low cost.
- Revolving Loan Fund – The Revolving Loan Fund allows developers to petition the city for funding for infrastructure. Developers pay the city back based upon the sale of lots in the development. (click here for the application)
- Subdivision Plat Application – Fill out our basic application form to begin the subdivision process.
- Engineering Design Manual – Our easy-to-follow design manual for all of your engineering questions.
- Master Plan – Our Master Plan shows the desired growth patterns in Kilgore.